Thursday, October 20, 2011

Getting Things Done...

Lots of things going on right now and not a lot of time to talk... Painting for the banner, Victory Lane and Storefront window went very nicely. Everything was designed and drawn out by me, and then painted with the help of others. I also spent a lot of time at the House (Phi Delt's) and got to know some of the pledges better and spent more time with old friends too. I will try and post pictures of the paintings as I get them, because I have not taken photos of things yet... But they look really good and we have been getting compliments from Greeks and non-Greeks alike.

City won in fantastic fashion the other day in their Champions League game! The scored a last minute goal to defeat Villareal 2-1. And I missed it... I gave up in the 89th minute and was going to class so I closed down my video feed and most of my windows when I made it to the ESPN gamecast of the game that was up so I could check the lineups... And as I moved my mouse over the "x" in the corner, the screen lit up and as City scored the winner... And I went to class happily!!!

We are also hammering out studio floorplans and making 3D computer and physical models to get the last of our concepts figured out so we can solve everything else for our building... Yup... Design is nearly finished and we are moving straight to structures, materials, costs and detailing. Pretty frightening! But I think we are around the class average in terms of work completed. More tomorrow including and introduction to my group: Leila and Stephanie... That way you know about the two people I mention quite frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment